Saturday 20 June 2015

Count Your Blessings

Sometimes I forgot to remind myself how lucky I am among hundred billions of people on this planet. The fact that every one of us has our own problems in daily lives, there must be something that we should be grateful for. Things that some of the unfortunate people in this world don't have what we have can really measure up our gratefulness towards life.

I should be grateful for having my job right now. Sometimes, teaching career could be the less thing I want to do, because it includes a lot of work. Not that I don't love to teach but actually it's the only job that I really wanted to do. Nowadays, being a teacher means 30% in the classroom, and 70% doing secretarial services. I didn't signed up for teaching career to neglect my class and do other things that I'm not interested in. Well, thinking on the positive side, I can acquire a lot of other meaningful knowledge and experiences to be a better person. That's what I've learned, to appreciate what life offers me. 

So, I started to think positive on every side of the things I don't like. I was so devastated when my marriage didn't work out before. Every day, I woke up and get ready for work, trying my best to make through the day. I cried almost every week. Sometimes, I didn't have any tears left. 

But when I realised on TV and other people's more tragic stories, I felt my problem is too tiny compare to those people who suffered war, beheaded by some jihadist, and those children starving to death. While some of us are having fun and didn't even finish the meal, their life is like a time-bomb. Every minutes, every seconds, could be last time being together with their loved ones. 

So, cherish the life we had and always be grateful!




4 comments:

  1. I agreed with you Mary. Life must goes on despite any problem we're facing. Think positive and remember that there a lot more people out there who are less fortunate than us. I am too facing through difficulty recently, the most tragic incident in my life that i think it was the turning point of my life.. Tapi think positive saja lah kan.. Tuhan tetap menyertai kita semua. Amen. God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya Stella..positivity is the least we can do. I wonder what is that tragic incident stella..let me know if u need to share ya :).. Kita sementara saja ba di dunia kan..so does our problems.

      Delete
  2. Hello Mary, this coming to you from Canada. Love what you mentioned here. Yes...live your life as how you want it to be....when we think we have problems, others have worse.
    And its good to be positive minded, to look at the forest and not the trees.
    You keep well, keep a song in your heart.
    Best regards,
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee..thanks for the compliment. I'll keep that in mind :)
      God bless

      Delete